Staff Openings: Program Officer/Sr. Program
Officer Advising & Testing Services
Job Title: Program Officer/Sr.
Program Officer (Depending on background and experience)
Position Classification: Professional
Department: Programs, Advising
and Testing Services
Immediate Supervisor: Juleann
Salary Range: Commensurate with
qualification and experience
Description of Responsibilities
This employee provides support for the development
and operations of testing, resource, and advising
programs at HQ and in field offices, as assigned,
including but not limited to the following:
- Support field offices and the Advising and
Testing Division in marketing services and products;
plan and coordinate marketing efforts.
- Represent AMIDEAST at conferences and meetings.
- Conduct research and produce marketing plans
for advising and testing programs.
- Train staff in marketing techniques through
publications, on-line support, consultations,
workshops, and other communications.
- Assist in creating, negotiating, and reviewing
contracts and providing liaison with clients
internally and externally.
- Write communications and reports as required
by clients and AMIDEAST.
- Assist with analysis of the financial situation
for advising and testing projects.
- Assist in coordinating logistics for testing
projects in region.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of relevant full-time experience
- Ability to see the large picture with attention
to detail, organizational skills, and ability
to work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills including experience
in using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and frequently
- MasterвЂ™s degree
- Experience in marketing
- Ten or more years of relevant full-time experience
- International experience
- Experience using Adobe and/or related products
- Project/financial management experience
This position requires sitting (50%), standing
(15%), and walking (35%). Some additional physical
requirements are as follows:
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds
- Computer responsibilities involving extensive
use of keyboard, mouse and monitor
- May, on occasion, require some overtime hours
- Use of telephone and other office equipment
- Travel is required
NOTE: This position description
is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent
will perform other reasonable business-related
duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
and other managers when necessary. AMIDEAST reserves
the right to change duties and responsibilities
as the need arises. This position description
does not constitute a written or implied contract
TO APPLY: Please send cover
letter with salary history and resume to Human
Resources, AMIDEAST, 1730 M Street, N.W., Suite
1100, Washington, D.C. 20036; fax to 202-776-7090,
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please include position title in the subject
line). No phone calls please.