Theodore Presser Company located in King of Prussia, Americas oldest music
publisher, is seeking motivated individuals to work in the MUSIC business. While the
company is large enough to be a leader in the industry, its small enough (c.35
employees) for each employee to make a difference. Full time positions offer an attractive
benefits package which includes health insurance, paid vacation
and holidays, 401-K plan, life insurance, short term disability, employee discounts and
flexible hours (most positions). Presser is fun and interesting and our employees are some
of the most talented and fascinating people you will ever meet. Come and join the team!
MATERIAL HANDLING CLERKS
full and part time TEMPORARY positions available (daytime and evening shifts)
The Material Handling Clerk processes incoming shipments of stock, fulfills customer orders (outgoing shipments), and performs other warehousing, customer service, and inventory duties as necessary within a team environment. Temporary employees have the opportunity to move into permanent positions.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills and number matching ability
- Moderate typing/data entry experience
- Basic knowledge of classical music is a plus, but not required
Skills and Performance Dimensions:
- Good attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment
- This is a physical position that requires continual standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting (typically 10-30 lbs but sometimes as heavy as 70lbs), and frequent bending
updated: January 17, 2011
Carl Fischer Music and Theodore Presser Company seek an individual to head the Marketing Department. This position will report to the CEO and will help set/ drive the strategic direction for the dealer and consumer channels with an emphasis on web strategies.
The Marketing Manager Will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of promotions, advertising, convention, social media and website development and PR.
- Manage the marketing team
- Oversee the production of all print and digital promotion materials
- Supervise the writing and circulation of press materials
- develop/implement targeted B2B and B2C e-commerce strategies
- Establish and maintain annual departmental budget and marketing calendars.
- Oversee the logistics of the company's attendance at 15+ industry conventions annually.
- Manage website maintenance and development.
- Minimum three years related marketing experience-music or book publishing a plus, sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music essential
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in MS Excel
- BA or MA in marketing, PR, or communication a plus
- Familiarity with search, e-mail marketing, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, podcasting, RSS, and other online marketing tactics.
- Proven knowledge of online marketing trends, and experience in strategy development, reporting, and analysis.
- Superb writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Flexible and creative thinker; a team player.
- Experience with personnel management.
Please submit resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: April 10, 2011
JUNIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Please include salary requirements with resume
- A/R collections, monitoring of aging, contacting customers on delinquent accounts and following up to maximize cash collections
- Perform analysis of invoice activity to ensure that receivables are accurately stated
- Recommend accounts for credit hold andor collection agency assignment
- Working with the sales team to resolve account issues and expedite payment
- Managing customer payment issues; sending monthly statements; assembling daily cash receipts
- Assisting in general administrative tasks as needed
- Record A/P
- Reporting to accounting manager
- Strong knowledge of collection process
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, and other database applications
- Ability to multi task, set priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), phone skills are particularly important
- 2-4 years general accounting experience
updated: January 17, 2011
How to Apply
Send us your resume:
Theodore Presser Company, Attn: HR Dept.
588 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States